Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reflection 6

There were not posts over the weekend because I was out of town and did not cook. Do you know what happens when I do not cook? It's like being on vacation and all my rules and good behavior goes right out the window. Mostly for conivence and sociability sake. But really why do I do this? It is not like there aren't healthy options. I watched people eat healthy things all around me all weekend. but here is what I ate:

Saturday
2 large coffees
1/2 packaged croissant
McDonald's breakfast burrito
pint of clam chowder
1/4 lb cheese burger
1/2 vanilla Sunday

Sunday
3 large coffees
1 waffle
1/2 chicken sandwich
1 piece of fried breaded cod w/ fries
McDonald's Angus burger

Ugh.

Admittedly, this puts me in the Eater's Hall of Shame and in no position to do anything but continue to cook for myself and stay home. Sigh I really will try harder next time I say that even knowing that thanksgiving is coming just a week a way - but that is a food topic for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I love the honesty. Are the McDonald's Angus burgers any good? I have seen them advertised but never tried one. I have a tendency to order a chicken sandwich or fish sandwich from McDonald's because I'm not a big beef eater, but I've been curious about the Angus one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i know. i ate stuff at friendly's i would *never* otherwise eat! did you notice that we ordered the munchie mania appetizer, which should have been called fried-heart-attack-buffet? it's okay, it's over now.

    ReplyDelete