Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reflection 1

I love to cook. I like the pictures of food in magazines, cookbooks, on people food blogs. Glistening veggies and caramelized meats! I want to make food that looks just like it. Then I want to share it with people who will enjoy it. I almost never cook a recipe twice, and there is almost no cusine I won't venture into even if it fails. This is the basis on my relationship with food.

But this blog is to reflect on my food issue which is two fold. First - very few recipes are for two. And there are just two of us at my house. Second - I have not learned the art of saving some for later. I am a traditional - eat everything on you plate person and then lick the pot clean (actually some night we fight about who gets to lick the pot) kind of person. So portions are a big issue for me. All these delightful recipes that say they serve for to six servings end up inside two bodies and over time this has begun to wreak havoc.

They say the fist step to recovery is acknowledging that there is a problem. Hopefully I will come up with many ways to creatively remind myself in this blog that two bodies get two servings (one each!!!) and that there is no fool proof path to balanced diet. Also up front, I am one of those people who does not like to eat breakfast. Noon is typically my first meal of the day. I'm working on this. . .

Today's Food:

7:00
3 cups coffee

12:00
2 6inche fajitas
Ingredients: corn tortillas, steak, onions,
peppers, cheese, 1tsp sour cream

7:00
Sesame Pepper Steak Sir Fry
Ingredients: 1 cup white rice, 1 strip steak (7 ounces) onion, peppers
Sauce: 1tbsp lght. soy sauce, 2 tbs sherry, hot pepper flakes,
1 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp corn starch

No comments:

Post a Comment